October air has a necessary tension.
Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
(makes about 30 cookies)
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic apple sauce
- 3/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups granola (I used hemp & flax granola)
- 1/3 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan nutella for frosting
In large bowl, combine margarine and brown sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add in apple sauce, peanut butter, agave, and vanilla, and stir until combined. Make a well in the center of dough, and add flour, stirring until incorporated. Next, stir in granola, one cup at a time, and finally oats, until dough is solid enough to stay together. If dough is too loose, add another 1/4 cup of oats and 2 tablespoons of flour.
Drop dough by tablespoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes, until edges are just browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from sheet to cooling rack.
You might enjoy this session from Indians.